Quick links
Social media
Contact information

Turnstones, Point, Truro, Cornwall, TR3 6NB




0870 760 7360

Snowsports Employment


Qualification Required
  • BASI Level 2 Instructor Qualification

The governing bodies for the different disciplines of Canadian snowsports instructors are CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance), CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) and CANSI (Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors). To qualify for a working visa, ski or snowboard instructors need to hold a minimum of CSIA or CASI Level 2, equivalent to BASI's Level 2 Instructor. ​​

Work Permit​

Working visas are required - an instructor must apply to a recognised ski school in Canada and obtain a job offer and contract. Once a job offer is in place, the resort will help in obtaining a visa. This is a 2-step procedure: the first step is for the resort/ski school to obtain approval to employ a particular foreign worker as an instructor. If approval is given, the resort will receive a letter of confirmation together with an approval code, which is forwarded to the instructor who must then apply for their visa to the Canadian Embassy in London. The temporary working visa will be specific to the resort and will last until the end of the season. 

Other Information

Some resorts offer accommodation for instructors while others don't; although where it is not included resorts can generally offer help in finding accommodation in the local community.


Our partners