Below is a timetable of the course for the 4 Weeks you will be with us in Val d'Isère.
Weeks 1 & 2
The course begins with a personal performance week, focussed entirely on your own personal riding. The basic fundamentals of snowboard technique are covered this week and it is designed to lay the foundations of the course to come. It is half days on the hill, Monday to Friday, and a couple of hours spent off the hill going through video analysis. It is a busy week, but it sets you up well for the rest of the course. Here is a summary of what to expect this week:
- Personal Performance Training with a BASI Trainer
- Core fundamentals of snowboarding technique
- Video Analysis
- Presentation on Equipment
Time spent with your Trainer on the hill: 15hrs
Total training time: 15hrs
Week 3 & 4
The BASI Level 2 course. The Level 2 Instructor course is a ten day course and is the second instructor qualification within the BASI system of training and grading. It is the initial step on the route to becoming eventually an internationally recognised Snowsport Teacher and with it you can work in many countries around the world. The course aims to provide you with the basic information and skills which will enable you to develop your practical performance. You will be re-introduced to the Central Theme which is the BASI progression from no snowboarding experience and you will begin to deliver some short lessons. Here is a summary of what to expect this week:
- BASI Level 2 curriculum.
- The BASI Manual and Course resources for this level.
- Personal Performance Training.
- Training in the Central Theme.
- Training in Teaching Principles.
- A comprehensive action plan and review with your BASI Trainer on how to develop beyond this course.
- The Level 2 course ICE party - a chance to let your hair down after a busy couple of weeks!
Time spent with your Trainer on the hill: 50hrs
Time spent with your Trainer off the hill: 20 hrs
Total training time: 70hrs